The Super Millions Poker Open: Ignition’ Hottest Poker Tournament Series
Want an unbelievable amount of action this summer. Log in to Ignition and get in on the action with amazing poker tournaments, including the Super Millions Poker Open. It’s a jam-packed online poker event series that runs every year, and this year, it ran from July 19th to August 20th.
With a total prize pool of over $10M, there was an incredible amount of money to be made. Cards were dealt, chips were stacked and new winners were created. Ignition poker tournaments series don’t get much hotter than this.
What is the Super Millions Poker Open?
It’s a long-running Ignition event series with some of the best online poker tournaments. Buy ins at official events range up to $1,055, but you can get into a satellite for as little as a single dollar.
Super Millions Poker Open Schedule
Qualifiers and tune up events began on July 14th. Official numbered events started on July 19th, and went on until August 20th. 8/20 was Main Events Sunday. You could play in four final events to cap things off in grand style:
- 7:23 ET: SMPO Early Bird Main Event #145 – $12,000 Guaranteed – $75 + $7
- 14:23 ET: SMPO Mini Main Event #146 – $123,000 Guaranteed – $100 + $9
- 15:23 ET: SMPO Main Event #147 – $323,000 Guaranteed – $425 + $25
- 18:23 ET: SMPO Micro Main Event #148 – $23,000 Guaranteed – $25 + $2.5
Tournament Types at the SMPO
For those who don’t know, the prize in a satellite tourney is a ticket to another, bigger tourney. For the cheapest event in the whole SMPO, you can buy in for $1 and win a seat at another satellite to the $223K guaranteed tournament. Two wins and you’re playing in a tournament for six figures!
Double clicking an event in the Ignition poker client will launch a separate window for that particular tournament. In the upper right-hand corner, you’ll see a description of the event. This is where you will learn the exact tournament you can win a ticket to for a given satellite.
Here’s an example:
We also offer $35K tournament satellites with $7+.70 by ins, and Main Event satellites for $50+$5. If you want to play these satellites fast, check for ones that say (Turbo) at the end of the description and you’ll be able to make quick work of the quest to get into the Main Event.
Straight up buy ins to the Main Event #147 are $425+25, so satellites offer a lower-risk way to make it to the big show.
Each day, there’s a $4K GTD with a $50+$5 buy in. Each night, there are two options: a $15,000 GTD for $125 + $10, and a $35K GTD for $50+$5. If you’re not able to make it to some of the other events, these SMPO editions of our regular events ensure that you can get some serious tournament action whenever you need it!
Special tournament types
- Monster stack (e.g. Event #32) – players start with more chips than normal. Event #31 has starting stacks of 15,000, for example.
- Turbo (e.g. Event #85) – blind levels progress more quickly than usual, resulting in a faster tournament. For players who don’t have all day (or night) to get their game on, this is a great way to get to the final table with serious efficiency.
- Six-handed (e.g. Event #77) – instead of full ring game tables of 9, tables feature six seats each.
- Knockouts aka “Bounty” (e.g. Event #64) – players win more money for each player they knock out. The bounty could be fixed, or could increase with each opponent you knock off. You will see these listed as “PKO,” which stands for “progressive knock out.”
- Extra play (e.g. Event #81)
- Freezeout (e.g. Event #41)
- High Roller (e.g. Events #34, #66, #98) – buy ins of around $300+$25, prize pools of $60,000 minimum.
- Super Duper High Roller (Events #30, #70, #102) – buy ins of $1000+$55, with a guaranteed prize pool of $100,000 minimum.
How do you find SMPO Events
When you’re in the poker client, there’s a box labeled “Tournament Type.” At the bottom of the box list, there’s a tick box for SMPO. Just check that box only and you will see SMPO events. You’ll be able to browse by tournament time and day, buy in, and other helpful sorting and filtering criteria. Stay tuned for next year’s event!
Need something to do tonight or this weekend? Check the poker schedule and see what poker tournaments are kicking off!
Other Online Poker Tournaments at Ignition
In addition to the crazy fun of the SMPO, you can always play in our regular tournies. The Poker Lobby has many, many games running that should suit nearly every player. You can find your desired buy in level, kick off time, and even game type (Omaha is there when you want to branch out from Texas Hold’Em).
Poker tournaments definitely can be a time investment, but they’re an amazing way to buy in for a small amount and have a chance at becoming a Big Winner. Start smart, make your double ups, don’t bust out before the bubble, and then put the pressure on everyone in your way as you head to the final table.
If you need to brush up on poker tournament strategy, head here. Good luck and see you at the poker tables!